Thursday, November 16, 2006

What 1 Perennial Would You Recommend to New Gardeners?

What 1 Perennial Would You Recommend to New Gardeners?

We’ve all seen the look in a new gardener’s eye when they ask you for advise on what to grow. There’s such a mix of wild hopes and intimidation. There are a handful of plants I consider garden staples. But if I had to pick just one, I think it would be Sedum ‘Autumn Joy’. It’s so easy going and, as you can see, it looks good all the time. Yes, I’m aware the deer like it too. But I’m willing to make the effort to spray. I think it’s worth it.

What about you? I’d like to compile a Top Picks of your recommendations for the novice gardener. Put in your 2 cents in the ‘Comment’ link, below and if you would, mention what area or zone you're gardening in. I know, I know. It’s hard to pick just one. But let’s see what we can come up with.

Next topic, Information about Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

No comments: